Yes We Rent! established its Advisory Board and held its first meeting on the 28th October 2021.
Hence, Yes, We Rent! relates to wider debates on the co-production of affordable and cooperative housing between public authorities and citizens that are led in many cities today.
With the advisory council, formed by nine national and international experts on housing policies and innovation in public administrations, we want to connect to these discussions, share experiences and generate input for the project with view to its transition from an externally funded project to a regular policy instrument.
The names and profiles of the experts are:
- Carme Trilla, President of Habitat3
- Núria Lambea, Post-doctoral researcher at UNESCO Housing Chair
- Eduardo González, PhD. Candidate at Barcelona City Council and Pompeu Fabra
- Sonia Arbaci, Bartlett School of Planning
- Alice Pittini, Research Director at Housing Europe
- Michaela Kauer, Head of Brussels Office of the City of Vienna
- Joaquín de Santos, European projects manager at Community Land Trust Brussels
- Javier Burón, Housing Manager at Barcelona City Council
- Barbara Steenbergen, Head of EU liaison office of the International Union of Tenants
During the last year of the project, the Advisory Council will discuss and bring advice on some of the main debates that open up now, including:
- Debate on possible forms of collaboration between public administrations and social or community economy initiatives.
- Provide both general (inspiring) and specific (concrete solutions) strategies and approaches to incorporate in the framework of the Lloguem!
- Contribute to the transfer of knowledge in relation to those learnings generated by the project, through the establishment of alliances with key experts.
The first meeting of the Advisory Council took place on the 28th October 2021 via Zoom with great participation among the experts and their commitment to contribute to the debate with their expertise.