AVEIRO STEAM CITY - Urban Network for Upgrading STEAM Skills and Increasing Jobs Added-Value through Digital Transformation in a new economic context Aveiro, Portugal Jobs and skills in the local economyEdit 24 April 2020 by Aveiro Steam City project team
Aveiro Urban Challenges awards the best ideas and solutions towards urban issues in the area of environment, mobility and energy. Within this scope, in partnership with some of Aveiro STEAM City stakeholders - Galp Gás Natural Distribuição, EDP Distribuição, Veolia, Transdev and Águas da Região de Aveiro – the City of Aveiro will support the development of solutions and ideas to address 5 urban challenges.
The application period concluded in January with a total of 39 submissions from 11 countries. From all the applications 15 have been shortlisted to participate in Aveiro STEAM City Pitch. Due to Covid-19 pandemic, the Aveiro Tech City Pitch took place remotely and 5 projects were chosen as the 5 finalists of the 1st edition of Aveiro Urban Challenges.
- ADRA | Augmented Reality (AR)challenge: AllbeSmart (Portugal);
- EDP | Smart energy Networks challenge: Klugit Energy (Portugal);
- Galp Gás Natural Distribuição | Bicycle Powered by Hydrogen challenge: PEMFC SUDOE BIKE (Spain);
- TRANSDEV | Vehicle allocation optimization challenge: Mosaic Factor SL (Spain);
- VEOLIA | Bio-waste selective collection challenge: 2BConnect (Portugal);
The 5 finalist are awarded 20.000€/each, with 50% being paid in May and the other 50% with the completion of the challenge addressed.
Aveiro 5G Challenges awards new solutions and products using 5G technology. In Aveiro 5G testbed, startups, scaleups and R&D centers will be able to develop and work innovative solutions, with technical support and mentoring sessions. The application period ended in January with a total of 28 submissions from 10 countries.
After a thorough selection, the jury have shortlisted the 10 finalists of the 1st edition of Aveiro 5G Challenges.
- UXPERT - Network analytics framework for 5G: AllbeSmart (Portugal);
- Hydra Technology: Biometrica (Italy);
- ECG Holter Next gen: Blankit (Mexico);
- 5G Drone-to-Ground connection: EVA Drones (United Kingdom);
- Self-drive vehicle: Live Electric Tours (Portugal);
- The next-generation of radiotherapy: NU-RISE (Portugal);
- Smart IoT lamppost: Omniflow S.A.(Portugal);
- Smart Tourist Routes: Smart Tour (Portugal);
The 10 finalists will benefit from a mentoring and training program during project development and they will compete for one of the three final prizes of 25.000,00€ each, whilst the remaining finalists will have financial support of 2.000,00€.