Interested experts can apply for all the 22 approved projects, but they are especially encouraged to apply for the following ones:
Please visit the project pages to learn more about each project.
Selected UIA Experts will ensure three key tasks for approved projects:
- Providing guidance and advice to UIA projects from their own professional experience and connecting them with other relevant initiatives and experiences
- Capturing the knowledge that UIA projects are generating concerning the implementation of bold, complex and participative urban projects
- Facilitating the sharing of the knowledge captured to inspire other cities in Europe as well as to inform future policy development at national and regional level
A total of 50 days of expertise over 4 years will be assigned to the experts to perform the tasks described above.
The selection process will follow the following indicative calendar:
- 05/04/2019: New deadline for the submission of Application Form by candidate UIA Experts (postponement of the initial call)
- March/April 2019: Assessment of the Application Forms received and definition of the shortlists for each UIA Project
- May 2019: Interviews organised by urban authorities of UIA projects with shortlisted candidate experts (via Skype)
- End of May 2019: Final decision by urban authorities and Permanent Secretariat. Establishment of detailed work plan and contract
- June/July 2019: Kick off meeting with urban authorities and UIA Experts with the European Commission, Entrusted Entity and Permanent Secreatariat (in Lille or Brussels).
Interested candidates are invited to read carefully the Terms of Reference for this call and fill in an application form available here.
For additional information you can contact Raffaele Barbato, UIA Project Coordinator at email@example.com